Effective: February 8th, 2024
HEALTHCARE SOLUTIONS TEAM ONLINE PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Online Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) describes the privacy practices of Healthcare Solutions Team, LLC (“HST,” “we,” “our” or “us”) and the affiliated companies whose websites and mobile apps link to this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement explains the information we collect, why we collect it, how we use and share it, and the choices you can make regarding your information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
HST collects personal and other information about you. Personal information is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked (directly or indirectly) with you. Other non-personal information does not and cannot reveal an individual’s identity such as information that has been de-identified or aggregated.
We collect personal information about you in several ways from several sources. If you are a customer or agent who uses our software and services, we collect personal information about you when you sign up for services, ask to receive a quote or locate an agent, subscribe to a membership or mailing list, or set up an account with us. We and service providers working on our behalf collect personal information from you such as IP address, browsing history and other internet activity information when you use one of our websites, mobile apps, view our emails or otherwise engage with us through a computer or mobile device (“Sites”). Personal information we collect may include the following categories:
|Personal Information Categories
|Name, alias, signature, postal address, phone number, date of birth, unique personal identifier, online identifier, email address, internet protocol (IP) address, state identification card number, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
|Age, race, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, medical condition, or diagnosis physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information) and other descriptions of your physical characteristics (e.g., height, weight).
|Service or product related information including policy coverage information, premiums, account name, policy number, payment history, claims history, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies, account log-in, bank account number, credit or debit card number, other payment or financial information, health insurance information, credit information, medical history, or family member information.
|Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information
|Browsing history, search history, information regarding your interaction with our website, application or advertisement, links you use or web pages you visit while visiting our site or applications, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), cookies, and mobile device information including device identifier or other information.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal and other information for business purposes including to:
- Provide and maintain your services and products. We may use your personal information to provide or maintain your service, products, or membership including to set up a product or service or provide a product or service, maintain your account, complete a transaction, repair a product, or respond to your customer service requests or other inquiries.
- Communicate with you about your service or product. We may contact you to provide you transaction confirmations, payment alerts or other service or product related messages via mail, email, or other available methods.
- Improve, develop, and analyze our Sites, services, and products. We use your personal information and other information to:
- analyze, improve, develop, or deliver our Sites, products and services and develop new services, products or features using algorithms, analytics software, and other similar methods,
- conduct studies to maintain, protect and develop our networks, services, and products and protect our customers, and
- analyze how visitors use our Sites to improve the Sites and enhance and personalize your experience.
We collect some information used for these purposes using analytics software, cookies, and other tracking technologies. For more information about the collection and use of this information, see Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies below.
- Provide marketing communications. We may use your personal information to send you promotional communications about products, services, features, and options we believe may interest you. We may send communications via e-mail, regular mail or via a mobile device.
- Comply with legal requirements and protect the safety and security of our business, services, and Sites. We may use your personal information to comply with laws, regulations, or other legal obligations, to assist in an investigation, to protect and defend our rights and property or the rights of third parties or enforce terms and conditions. We may also use your personal information to prevent suspected fraud, threats to our network or other illegal activities, prevent misuse or for any other reason permitted by law.
- Update or correct our records. We may receive personal information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties, and combine that personal information with other personal information we have about you to update our records. For example, we may obtain change of address information from public sources and use that personal information to update or correct your address.
We do not market any products or services to children. Our website is not intended for
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell your personal information. We may share personal information about you with third parties whenever you consent to or direct such sharing and may also share information with others in an aggregated or de-identified form that does not reasonably identify you. We strive to work with companies that share our commitment to privacy.
We may share personal information with service providers, affiliates and other third parties for business purposes or as required or permitted by law including with:
- Companies involved in insurance and other business transactions: We share your personal information with companies such as insurance carriers that provide quotes for their products and services.
- Service providers: Personal information may be shared with service providers who perform services on our behalf for a business purpose including service providers that:
- help complete transactions,
- service your membership,
- engage in payment processing,
- provide marketing and advertising, email, or other communication services,
- provide services that support our online activities including providing tracking technologies, web hosting and analytics,
- provide tax and accounting, legal services, delivery, and data enhancement services,
- provide technology services and enhance security, privacy, and fraud protections,
- provide data analytics services or conduct research or actuarial studies, and
- provide support to our operations.
- Law enforcement, regulators and other parties for legal reasons: Personal information may be disclosed to third parties, as required by law, court order or subpoena, or if we reasonably believe such action is necessary to:
- comply with the law and the reasonable requests of regulators such as the Department of Health and Human Services or state health agencies, law enforcement, or other public authorities,
- protect our or others safety, rights or property, and
- investigate fraud or to protect the security or integrity of our Sites or any product or services.
Third parties in connection with a business transaction: Personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a merger, sale of any or all of our company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or portion of our business by an affiliate or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We retain personal information in accordance with applicable laws or regulatory requirements and also for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and to fulfill the business or commercial purposes that are explained in this Privacy Statement.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Technologies and Information Collected: When you visit our Sites, we and our service providers automatically collect information about your use of and access to these Sites. We collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, Flash objects, web beacons (also called pixel tags), embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”). Information we collect automatically about you may be combined with other personal information we collect directly. The information collected in this manner includes:
- The website from where you accessed the Site, where you went to when you left the Site, how frequently you visit the Sites, when and whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, pages you visit on our Sites, the links you click and ads you view, or your location when you access our Sites,
- Information about the computer, tablet, smartphone or other device you use, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type/model/manufacturer, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device or your account (including, e.g., a persistent device identifier or an Ad ID), and other similar information,
- Analytics information collected by us or via third party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Sites and to understand more about the demographics and behaviors of our users, and
- How often you use a mobile app, from where the app was downloaded, events that occur within the app, aggregated usage, and performance data.
Use of the information: The information collected through tracking technologies allows us to provide you with an improved, enhanced and personalized customer experience, to monitor and improve our Sites and for other internal purposes such as:
- Remembering information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Sites,
- Provide custom, personalized content and information,
- Identify and contact you across multiple devices,
- Provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Sites,
- Perform analytics and detect usage patterns on our Sites,
- Diagnose or fix technology problems,
- Detect or prevent fraud or other harmful activities, and
- Otherwise to plan for and enhance our Sites.
Our service providers include Adobe and Google.
Click here to learn about Adobe Analytics privacy practices or to opt-out of cookies set to facilitate reporting.
Click here to learn more about Google’s privacy practices.
Click here to access and use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Your choices regarding cookies: If you prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to manage cookies in your browser settings to disable or block cookies, remove existing cookies, automatically accept cookies or to notify you when you receive a cookie. Options available may vary by browser. However, if you disable, modify, or reject cookies, some parts or functionalities of our Site may be inaccessible or not function properly. For example, disabling cookies may require you to repeatedly enter information to take advantage of services or promotions.
PRIVACY RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Various federal and state laws provide privacy rights to consumers including the right to access, delete, or correct personal information, or the right to opt-out of receiving email marketing. These rights differ by state and also by the type of products and services you have with us.
Email Marketing Choices and Other Notifications: We may send you email marketing communications or phone calls about products, features and services that may be of interest to you. To opt out from receiving marketing and promotional communications from us, please click the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each email or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out from receiving marketing communications, we may still contact you for non-marking purposes, such as to provide information about your products or services, responses to your requests and inquiries, or notices of updates to terms and conditions or our privacy practices.
SOCIAL MEDIA, LINKS AND EXTERNAL SITES
Links to other company’s websites may be provided on our Sites as a convenience to you. If you choose to go to these external websites, you will be subject to the privacy practices of those external websites; we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those websites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Site to read the privacy policies or statements of every website you visit, as those privacy policies or statements may differ from ours. Our Privacy Statement applies solely to the Sites where this Privacy Statement appears.
Protecting your personal information is important to us. We use a combination of reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. However, no website, mobile application, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” So, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
We limit access to your personal information to those who need it to do their jobs. We comply with all applicable federal and state data security laws.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may periodically update or revise this Privacy Statement. The effective date at the top of the document shows when this Privacy Statement was last revised. We will let you know when we update the Privacy Statement by changing the date or other appropriate means.